Prev: Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores Next: RE: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)

Re: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:06:33 -0400
Subject: Re: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)

Jerry Han wrote:
> That's the part that makes me wonder; I'm writing from Canada, and I'm
25,
> which should put me in the metric crowd.  I grew up learning metric in
> school, and it should be second nature (and it is for distances and
> temperatures, and a bunch of other things.)

	Well, I grew up using inches, but I use metric when I'm
	building anything.

	Why?  Because sooner or later you are going to have to divide
	a distance.  Then you are stuck trying to measure 2.3 inches
	which means attempting to measure three tenths of an inch with a
ruler
	marked off in eights of an inch.

	It is a whole lot easier to go with the flow and use metric.

Prev: Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores Next: RE: Inches versus CM (was Re: Vector Movement)