Prev: Re: FMA Grenades Next: RE: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores

Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:18:52 -0400
Subject: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores

Hiya Gang!

For those who have Toys-R-Us and Wally World (Walmart): (and play SG2
or FMA Skirmish)

<I'm a fan of toys - they a tough and don't break under use too easily
and look good and have moving parts>

Marine LPT7 (boxed as M113) from MicroMachines/Galoob. About $5-7 US.
Probably a size 3-4 APC. Has MG, SAW or HMG, an AGL and a GMS
launcher.

>From the same line, there are other neat items like an F-4, a big ass
chinook chopper, and some other cool items.

Larger micro machine bradley - don't know what scale - looks like
maybe a bit big. About $12-14 US. Similarly, a C-130 style plane
called a Thunderbolt. Big, but okay for a small transport plane in
SG2. Good for Entebbe raids or Airport battles.

Sand Screamer (aka Hummer) from Masito or Masaito. About 28mm. $3-4
US. Good squad carrier.

Stompers (Los mentioned, I bought, I like) 4x4 - They have a Unimog
kind of truck and an ambulance vehicle that look decently in scale.
About $7 US.

Matchbox Mission Bravo stuff: Another Hummer (I think a truck variant
with a missile launcher in the bed). Also an excellent little FAV with
a (sad looking but replaceable) SAW/MG/HMG and a good looking AGL.
About $4-5 US.

In the Mission Bravo line, there seems to be (have not seen it up
close yet though) an Osprey Tiltrotor - though it would need repainted
for spec ops! ;)  not sure what it would cost.

And if you can get them, my favorite discontinued toys, Galoob Aliens
APC ($10 US) and the VTOL ($10 also?).

Civilian Vehicles: Road and Track (the mag) puts out cars with some
toy company - like Vipers, SUVs etc. Some look good enough to use as
civilian vehicles. <Now what kind of movement does a viper on a paved
road execute in SG2? Fast I'd guess...>

Except for these last, the others have all been seen or bought in my
local Wally World.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: FMA Grenades Next: RE: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores