Prev: Re: A small request.... :-) Next: Re: [DS II] YNA Chit replacement scheme

Re: (OT) Re: CGI FT starships

From: colin.plummer@t...
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 08:40:51 +0100
Subject: Re: (OT) Re: CGI FT starships

Quoting Ndege Diamond (Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 10:22:07PM -0700)

> For those, like me, who can't wait and have access to rendering
software
> here are some resources I have found handy as a cgi duffer/hack ;)
(even
> if you don't you can get POV-Ray at http://www.povray.org/  It's a
free
> open source render engine.  They have links to 3rd party modeling
programs
> that talk to eachother too).

  For those of you who do want to play with povray, there are some
people who have created 'galaxy effects' and 'lens effects' in publicly
available include files.  I use them myself for background on space
images
rather than using downloaded image files.

  To get a little more on-topic, a question for Jon - what sort of
images
do you want?  Battle scenes, patrol scenes, single ships, ships from the
fleet book, our own designs ?

  :)

  Cheers

--
Colin Plummer
Planet Online, Leeds, UK.

Prev: Re: A small request.... :-) Next: Re: [DS II] YNA Chit replacement scheme