Prev: [DS II] YNA Chit replacement scheme Next: Re: CGI FT starships (was :Re: A small request.... :-))

Re: painting help needed

From: "Robert A. Crawford" <crawford@i...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:32:53 -0400
Subject: Re: painting help needed

Okay, new day. Time to be happy. (- cat) wrote:
> >Stripping
> >Pine-Sol/Dettol - very good but a bit slow, can be used on
> >plastic but you must be careful on not over-doing it, needs
> >a long soak. Get a brand with a high % of pine oil.
> Just an fyi I learned a couple months ago from stripping some
> minis of paint using Pine-Sol: it can (and did for me) attack
> superglue. I don't know about epoxy cement stuff.

	AFAIK, it won't bother epoxy. I've had a Kzinti SCCS soaking
in Pine-Sol for a couple of months (! -- I never have time for
everything I want to take care of), and while it disolved the
superglue holding the engines on, the epoxy holding the stand together
is untouched.

--
Robert Crawford 		crawford@iac.net
http://www.iac.net/~crawford

Prev: [DS II] YNA Chit replacement scheme Next: Re: CGI FT starships (was :Re: A small request.... :-))