Prev: Re: [FT] Beam Battery Idea - reload delays Next: [OTsorta] RE: SFSFW- U.S.

Re: [FT] Beam Battery Idea - reload delays

From: "Partly cloudy today, partly sunny tomorrow - what is the difference??" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:54:41 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Beam Battery Idea - reload delays

[recharging beam batts on a die roll idear]

>I haven't playtested this, I have no clue if the extra mechanics make
>it worth while, or even if it's balanced.  It feels like it might be
cool,
>though it might also mean ships start carrying hordes of Class-1s as
opposed
>to the mixed batteries they carry now.
>
>Thoughts?

My immediate thought is that this would promote people to start making
'hedgehog' ships. And except occassionally, I don't  think they're much
fun to play.

In addition, once your 'hedgehog' begins making threshold checks, you
have a much higher chance of losing more systems than a mixed boat will.
And losing more systems means that many more you have to try and fix,
and it's almost guaranteed you won't be able to fix them all, whereas a
ship with fewer internals will be able to focus the attention of more
damage control units onto the repairs at hand.

These are just my initial thoughts. No further will be coming this
morning
(at least on this topic) :)

Mk
---
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing.	It kills a small
piece of us each day.  It holds us to what we know and keeps us from
doing
what's possible, and it is our worst enemy.  Fear doesn't announce
itself;
it's disguised and it's subtle.  It's choosing the safe course; most of
us
feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks.	The brave man is
not
the one without fear but the one who does what he must despite being
afraid.
To succeed you must be willing to risk total failure."
		-Raymond Feist

Prev: Re: [FT] Beam Battery Idea - reload delays Next: [OTsorta] RE: SFSFW- U.S.