Prev: Re: [FT] Eldar minis Next: Re: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]

Re: [OT sorta} SFC?

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:38:18 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT sorta} SFC?

Tim Jones wrote:

> >Just a little something for you computer types to chew on over the
> >weekend..... :-)
> >

> Its out of our league really, modern game expectations are so
> high you can't write this sort of things as skunkworks the
> effort is enormous (ask Mike Wikan).

Agreed.  Unless there's a real development studio out there on the list
who
wants to jump in full bore, the best you can you hope for from the list
would
probably be shareware stuff.  It can look good and be extremely
popular (id software started out that way), but probably not a lot
of money involved.

Also, there's the 'market saturation' factor: between SFC, Homeworld,
Freespace 2, Freelancer, Independence War Deluxe, and the other dozen
or so starship/space combat games coming down the pipeline, even if a
publisher could be found to mass market FT, it probably wouldn't get
the shelf space.

> Although its something I'd love to see, a 3dfx version of FT
> is probably only ever going to be a dream.

I'd be satisfied with just plain FTMap graphics.

This talk about stuff wants me to brush off my PBeM code and develop
it once again to what I always wanted; a fully automatic game playing
engine.  Yeah, I've got the free time for that.  Really.  (8-/

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: [FT] Eldar minis Next: Re: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]