Prev: Gen-Con Next: Re: Vector Movement

RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

From: "Peter Forsythe" <pforsythe@h...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 07:43:17 PDT
Subject: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

Hmmm I don't hear enough from the dis-agree camp so here I go :-)

They way I understand the scales of the game (1mu = 1000km) I think that
15m*10m (fighter sized) object would be pretty much invisible unless it
was
actively coming after you.

The fighters would make heavy use of stealth techonology (active and
passive).  To avoid using their own 'radar' for searches they would
probably
receive target info on tight-band laser communications from the 'mother
ship'.

Now when the attack runs start I can see them 'lighting up' with active
ECM
and on-board targeting systems making them visible.

Anyway, fighters seem to get slaughtered efficiently enough without
having
everybody gunning for them.

Peter

>From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@Smallworld.co.uk>
>To: <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
>Subject: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)
>Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:34:46 +0100
>
> >PDS should be able to attack any fighter/missile within its range.
ADFC