Prev: RE: Displaying PBeM Games. Next: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

RE: Displaying PBeM Games.

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:26:43 +0100
Subject: RE: Displaying PBeM Games.

>FTMAP is a freeware mapping program conceived and written by
>Alun Thomas. Since that time Tim Jones has extended his work
>to produce a more robust and
>versatile package. You should contact Tim with any feedback and/or
>suggestions you have concerning FTMAP.
>
>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/2995/ftmap/home.html

FYI
This site is no longer maintained but does carry the last version
of the program and its documentation. I will be doing something about
it for the next release of ftmap.

This application is *designed* for PBEM games and supports
Cinematic & Vector systems.

>However, I could not get it to work. I guess I need to contact
>Tim Jones, myself, for better instructions.

This is suprising as the program is simple and comes with
a ready to run example.

If running on LINUX/UNIX you will need to compile it yourself
with an ANSI compiler.

If running on Windows 95/98/NT it should be ready to run. I have had
one report of the windows EXE file not working, a problem
we never resolved but probably due to win configuration.

Someone was doing a Mac port but seemed to be having problems with
getting and ANSI compiler, since then no progress AFAIK.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: Displaying PBeM Games. Next: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)