Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Vector Movement and SML's

RE: Vector Movement and SML's

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 13:22:10 -0400
Subject: RE: Vector Movement and SML's

6" is a bit much for vector. In the Fleet Book, the average ship has a
thrust of 4. If you have a 6" radius, you can guarantee a hit on any
ship
with a MD of 4 or less. Just place your SM's at the point where the
target's
current heading and velocity will take it. It will not be able to move
6"
from that point (and therefore will be in range).

Free lunch for:

Septième Peste class Superdreadnought
Brian Bell  bkb@beol.net
Tech: Human (FB)
Govt: FSE
Mass: 227
Cost: 776
Clas: Superdreadnought (SDN)
Hull: Average
Strm: None
FTL:  Std.
MD:   3
Armr: 10
Damg: 68; 17/17/17/17
Crew: 12
Sens: Std.
Systems
  1 x Screen
  3 x FCS
  6 x PDS
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (AP,FP,F)
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (F,FS,AS)
  1 x SM Magazine (9 salvos)
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (FP,F,FS)
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (AP,FP,F)
  1 x Salvo Missile Launcher (F,FS,AS)
  1 x SM Magazine (9 salvos)
  1 x Class-3 beam (AP,FP,F)
  1 x Class-3 beam (F,FS,AS)
  2 x Class-2 beam (All)
Notes:
  The first ship design out of the 'Yarda Europea De la Nave De la
  Federación, Nueva España', The Septième Peste (7th Plague) SDN just
shy of
  23,000 tons. It is designed to fill two roles. Home defense (where
resupply
  is not a problem) and hit and run. Critics of this design note that is
it
  slow compared to the Foch and that its primary weapons carry armor for
just
  3 salvos. Proponents point out that the 6 SML's provide unparalleled
firepower
  (enough to take out any ship) and improved protection. The class name
derives
  from the 7th plague against Egypt in the book of Exodus, the plague of
hail.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net