Prev: [FMA&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 2 (AAR) Next: [FAM&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 3 (AAR)

Re: [OT] Website formatting Q.

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 11:09:00 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Website formatting Q.

Brian Burger wrote:

> On my webpage, I've realized how hugely long the lists of links I
maintain
> have been getting - the main Links page
> <http://warbard.iwarp.com/links.html> is more than a dozen screens. I
can
> do the following:
>
> A - leave it,
> B - put most of it into double columns
> C - split it off onto several seperate pages by subject

C, for all its disadvantages, has my vote. As regards not finding the
one link you want, there's nothing stopping you from having a link on
multiple pages.

e.g. subjects Wargames, Shops, Model Supplies might have John Doe Model
Supplies listed in all 3 categories, but with different explanations for
each.

You might also consider having a link to a Huge Alphabetised list as
well. Depends on how much space you have to play with, but links aren't
generally memory hungry.

Finally, have a look at the links page from my own. I deliberately put
in the full http:// etc so if someone got a hard copy, they'd be
readable.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: [FMA&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 2 (AAR) Next: [FAM&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 3 (AAR)