Prev: Re: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR Next: [FMA&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 2 (AAR)

Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 01:38:57 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Ground Zero Games wrote:

> Though we've not stated it anywhere, I could imagine Belgium being
either
> absorbed into the FSE or even partitioned between the FSE (read:
France)
> and the Dutch....

how about leaving Belgium nominally independent, but in truth an FSE
vassal state, much as the eastern european countries were to the USSR.
you
could then exploit the ethnic links of part of the population with the
Netherlands to allow all sorts of shady goings on, with banned and
quasi-legal political organisations, terrorists, territorial disputes,
embargoes and the other colourful elements of realpolitik.

> Luxembourg could also be either an FSE state or a Dutch ally - not
that
> they'd have much of a star fleet..... <grin>

well, power springs from money, not land, so if the Luxembourgeois have
somehow hit on a way of getting utterly rich (radio luxembourg
reinvented
as galactic media empire?), they might have quite a decent punch. it is,
however, a big if.

tom

Prev: Re: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR Next: [FMA&SG2] Incident at North Haven Part 2 (AAR)