Prev: RE: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna

[DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:39:59 -0400
Subject: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs

I just saw an interesting article that Sony is now selling Robot Dogs!!!
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2308814,00.html

While the AI and motor skills of the robot dog are (presumably) crude,
the
story indicates that it has the capacity to learn from its environment.
Also
the small size surprised me. This may cause me to reevaluate my ideas on
robots.

It certainly got me thinking about robots for DS2/SG2.

Possible uses with limited AI:
  Mine detectors
  Barrier breaching (razorwire, mines, etc.)
  Mobile mines
  Scout/Forward Observer
  Communications relay
  Decoy
  ECM
  Beacon (homing beacon for artillery/artillery/missiles)

Possible uses with advanced AI:
  Sniper
  Battle robot
  Saboteur