Prev: Re: DSII datafiles Next: GenCon: Aieeee!

FMA Movement

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 10:50:10 -0400
Subject: FMA Movement

Los wrote:

> Well I guess I don't see normal movement as being necessarily
> stealthy movement.
> Troops are not by nature stealthy in their movement. They are
> not overtly noisy
> but nor are they deliberately stealthy in normal movement.
> Properly executed
> deliberate stealthy movemnt is a conscious, tiresome and slow
> act, you can't
> keep it up all day long no matter how hard you try.  Now if
> there was a reason
> to have stealthy movement in FMA, (Say there was hidden
> movement of referred GM
> type of double blind game), then that would be an _excellent_
> candidate for a
> movement type. Something like the employment of stealthy
> movement hinders
> detection attempts by shifting down one die type, but it also
> shifts your
> movement range down one die type also.

My 0.02:

FWIW, I can't say as the movement they taught on our Recce courses was
the normal hoppin and boppin of our infantry section manoevres. The
leopard crawl is very very slow, but very very quiet. In a hot forest
with unknown enemies present, even normal infantry would tend to move
"cautiously" and try to be quiet. But even then, maximum stealth is
unlikely because it is S-L-O-W-E-R than molasses. But if you *know*
the enemy sentry is just 10m ahead through the foliage, your approach
(if you want a silent takedown) is the stealthiest method you can
employ, despite the pace.

Prev: Re: DSII datafiles Next: GenCon: Aieeee!