Prev: Re: [OT] The Ythri Next: Re: Full Metal AAR and Other Thoughts

Re: [OT] The Ythri

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:30:58 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] The Ythri

In a message dated 8/5/99 2:08:12 PM EST, john1x@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I love Mike Resnick's work.  If and when I ever get a science fiction
RPG
 going, it will be based on his "Inner Frontier" books -- _Widowmaker_,
 _Santiago_, _Oracle_, etc.  Great stuff.   _Kirinkyaga_, which may or
may
 not be related to his other books, is the best Science Fiction I have
ever
 read, bar none.  And one of the best books, period.

 And of course, if you REALLY want an epic scope, find yourself a copy
of
 Olaf Stapledon's _Last and First Men_.

You haven't named an author I don't LIKE, but I really love Anderson's
Polesotechnic League and Flandry stories and novels. Wonderful books,
great
characters amazing aliens, believable technology an almost ghostly
ambience
in the Twilight of the Empire books. I've often wondered why no one
adopted
it for a serious role play venue.

Prev: Re: [OT] The Ythri Next: Re: Full Metal AAR and Other Thoughts