Prev: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts

Re: Phase Conjugate mirrors (was Re: [FT] Vector Move question)

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 07:54:46 -0700
Subject: Re: Phase Conjugate mirrors (was Re: [FT] Vector Move question)

>Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 19:55:09 -0400
>From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@clark.net>
>Subject: Re: [FT] Vector Move question
>
>Laserlight wrote:
>> This brings to mind that I've heard of a mirror which will bounce a
laser
>> back in the direction it came from, regardless of the angle--I
thought it
>> was a "cognate mirror" but search engines don't seem to find it by
that name
>> so I may been mistaken.  Does anyone know the location of a basic
article on
>> this? (Obligatory dragging in a topic: maybe this would make good PSB
for a
>> Reflex Field?)
>
>	I believe what you are talking about is a
>	"phase conjugate mirror"
>
>	http://www.dra.hmg.gb/html/products/electron/phasecon.htm

The BBC, in conjunction with Play, Inc. is marketing a new sort of
chromakeying technology called Holoset. Basically, it uses a special
type of plolymer cloth that reflects light directly back at its source,
no matter the angle. Assuming it could handle the energy levels, this
might make anti-laser body armor or vehicle coatings feasible.

   http://www.play.com/products/holoset/index.html

There aren't too many physical details on the site, but I saw it at
NAB... very impressive! I tried to take a flash picture of the stuff,
and ended up with what looked like a big, flat white area in the
picture.

Prev: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts Next: Re: Full Metal AAR and more FMA thoughts