Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter question I'm confused Next: Re: [OT] more rivets...

Re: Heavy Fighters

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 20:07:31 +0200
Subject: Re: Heavy Fighters

Från: Roger Books wrote:

>   I think I would have to fight the +1 on rerolls, otherwise I should
> get the same thing with shields (ignore 4's).  I don't think we
> really want to go down that rather complicated path.
>
>  Wait, I'm using weapon X and that gets +2, but I'm using defense
> Y so I get -1 to that, and I have special armour Z which gets me
> a -1 to all incoming damage so your re-roll bonus is bogus.

It's very simple, really:

If you're shooting at one single target (ie, not at a fighter squadron
or missile salvo), the re-rolls ignore all passive defences (armour and
screens at the moment).

If a single die shoots at *multiple* targets (ie, shoots at a figther
squadron or missile salvo), the re-rolls do not ignore passive
defences.

Weapon die roll modifiers that are due to the weapon (+1 for Attack/
Interceptor fighters) are always applied to the re-roll as well as the
original roll.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Fighter question I'm confused Next: Re: [OT] more rivets...