Prev: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases Next: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases

Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:50:48 EDT
Subject: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases

In a message dated 7/26/99 8:56:55 AM EST, buddy@movnet.com writes:

<< I dunno about the pen, and I am far from a physicist, but if you put
a ring
 of powerful magnets on say, an AOL coaster, all with the same pole
facing
 upward, with a little help from some super glue, and then another
magnet on
 the ship you wanted to float, with the same pole facing downward,
wouldn't
 it sit in the "trough" of the ring?  I don't have any magnets on me, or
I'd
 go home and try this tonight, but from what I know about them, that
should
 work, right?  If it did, you could make all your major FT ships
"floaties."
 :o)

 God bless,
 - Buddy >>

Better get some STRONG magnets for those lead ships! They will	also be
hell
to keep facing straight, since they will spin nicely. Also if they tip
at all
the heavy lead on top will cause it to roll over belly up and the lead
shielding the magnet at that point will probably drop it onto the base.
You
might need to use a bar with three or four posts to SUSPEND the
miniature
from, requiring more magnetic bases to balance it out

Prev: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases Next: Re: [FT] Magnetic Bases