Prev: Re: Beth & Showdown Next: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant

Re: [FT] Ship morale

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:09:02 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship morale

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, John Leary wrote:

> Roger Books wrote:
>
> > Roger Books (Who had a destroyer surrender in my last battle rather
> >		 than see the crew die.)
>
>      It ir rather unlikely that a ship that has taken enough damage
> to render it unable to continue combat will be able to withdraw.

i disagree strongly. in the last game of FT i played, my NAC BC and a
pair
of destroyers jumped out to escape Rob Paul's nefarious scots (who, i
might add, had fielded some very small heavy cruisers disguised as
destroyers, the bounders) - i had lost the ability to fight due to
losing
FC and batteries, but still had jump drive, so i cut my losses and left.

> If either thrust or FTL is destroyed the ship cannot leave,
reguardless
> of the captains desires.

true, but loss of FTL drive and ability to continue combat are not
correlated: if i lose all my FCs and weapons, i'm mission dead and it's
time to leave.

tom

Prev: Re: Beth & Showdown Next: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant