Prev: Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend Historicon and SHOWDOWN Next: RE: What does FMA stand for?

Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend Historicon and SHOWDOWN

From: Michael Sarno <atomicat@g...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:52:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend Historicon and SHOWDOWN

Jerry Han wrote:

> Aaron Teske wrote:
> >
> > At 10:18 AM 7/19/99 -0400, Jerry wrote:
> > >Shamelessly plugging the Con, so all the doughnuts will be eaten,
(8-)

> > Doughnuts?	Where?!?
>
> Didn't you see them?	Jon Davis bought doughnuts from the Lancaster
Market
> on the Saturday.  I remember the box, because at the end, there was
> this one really sick looking jelly doughnut just sitting there; and
nobody
> wanted it.
>
> Poor lonely doughnut.  (8-)

    I don't think the doughnut was sitting around because it was sick
looking,
that has never had any effect on what a room full of gamers would eat.
Additionally, such appearance would encourage the consumption of the
doughnut
due to the Charlie Brown Christmas Tree Effect.
    I think the doughnut was left uneaten because no one wanted to grab
the last
doughnut.  I don't know what it is in the human mind that has an
aversion to
taking the last item, but after years in retail, I know it exists.  I
don't
recall, but did we ever finish the peanuts or the cheese puffs?

-Michael

--
Michael Sarno

http://www.geocities.com/~atomicat
Check out my updated Charlie Company web pages!
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired

Prev: Re: Top Ten Reasons to Attend Historicon and SHOWDOWN Next: RE: What does FMA stand for?