Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]

RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 22:44:42 +0100
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]

>On 7/18/99 11:42 PM, Laserlight wrote:
>>
>> I'd have to say that the range of the weapon is not dependent on the
>> skill of the user.  If one of our shooters pulls the trigger or I do,
the
>> bullet (or plasma) is going to go just as far.  Now, I may not be
able to
>> HIT anything, but that's a function of skill rather than the weapon
>> itself.
>
>...right, but you're rolling the dice to see if you hit a moving
target,
>not to see how far you made the bullet go. :) Since the range bands
>describe how easy/hard it is to hit a target at different ranges, they
>should be a function of the shooter's skill, modified by the inherent
>usability of the weapon (i.e. shorter for pistols, longer for rifles).

....Which is exactly what we've tried to do with the rangeband = firer's
quality, multiplied by a weapon modifier; on balance, I think this is
the
version that works best and is probably what we'll end up using. I'll
try
to post some more concrete rules for this version soon.

Jon (GZG)

>--
>Rick Rutherford

>[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
>This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
>Server that protects Electronic Systems and it's customers. No Viruses
>were detected in this message.

=======

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]