Prev: [OT] Crimson Skies Next: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant

Re: [OT] Crimson Skies

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 19:40:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Crimson Skies

Not unusual for me, I'll followup having never played
the game, and knowing almost nothing about the ruleset.

I saw it being demo'd at Gencon; great set up. The hex
board was plexiglas(perspex?) above a cityscape, with
some of the skyscrapers piercing the hex plane and
acting as terrain/obstacles.

***
with a fair dose of Renegade Legion thrown in (they
had to find a use for the damage system somewhere!)
***

Actually, I noticed the damage template, blurted out
something about RL, and the person demo'ing said, after
putting the template design in RL, he figured he had as
much right as anyone to use it in CS. ;->=

Sorry, didn't catch his name, tho.

***
I just recently saw the miniatures on the FASA website,
and must admit they look quite nice.  Of course, they're
not needed to play the game.
***

I think there somewhat expensive, but they are quite
lovely, and have the feel for what you'd expect for the
milieu.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing any attempts at
an FT conversion. I think cinematic w/ chrome could be
quite 'spiffy' with these planes.

The_Beast

Prev: [OT] Crimson Skies Next: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant