Prev: Re: Electronic Warfare Equipment Next: Re: [OT] Crimson Skies

[OT] Crimson Skies

From: "Jeremy Sadler" <jsadler@e...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 08:24:27 +1000
Subject: [OT] Crimson Skies

This will be my one and only off topic post on this :)

Kr'rt mentioned Crimson Skies, and I'd like to recommend to anyone on
the
list that hasn't tried this game yet that they do. Based in an
"alternate"
1930's history, players fly all sorts of interesting aircraft in battles
with other aircraft, zepplins and ground targets.

Being a FASA game, the background is very fleshed out. The actual game
mechanics are simple, with a fair dose of Renegade Legion thrown in
(they
had to find a use for the damage system somewhere!) and with a little
fiddling (we created a house rule after the first game to fix what we
thought was one shortcoming) gives a good, quick game that does require
thought and tactics, and appeals to the boyhood fascination with planes
in
me. :)

I just recently saw the miniatures on the FASA website, and must admit
they
look quite nice.  Of course, they're not needed to play the game.

If anyone's interested in looking into it, try
http://www.crimsonskies.com

We now return you to your regular programming. :)

JS
--

Jeremy Sadler - jsadler@earthling.net
Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site - http://stargrunt.virtualave.net