Prev: Re: SMR arcs Next: FMA: Wounds and some other ideas

Re: To GZG - Other Settings/Genres

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:49:10 +0100
Subject: Re: To GZG - Other Settings/Genres

>Buddy Chamberlain wrote:
>>
>> Has GZG considered publishing suppliments for say, SGII for use in
other
>> settings or historical periods other than the Tuffleyverse?
>
>The idea of a Fantasy FMA game was tossed around a little while ago on
>the playtest list for FB.
>
>However, Tim's right; they've got enough trouble keeping up with
everything
>happening in their own universe.

This is about the size of it. Other genres/backgrounds are really (at
the
moment, at least) the domain of fan-designed unofficial stuff, of which
there is LOTS on the net.
The fact is, we're primarily a miniatures manufacturer, with the rule
writing and publishing side very definitely a small offshoot - while the
"big" boys like GW, Target/Heartbreaker etc. can devote entire
departments
to the publishing side, we are two people doing EVERYTHING, and the
day-to-day running of the miniatures production and sales (not to
mention
all the admin, paperwork, reading emails etc) keeps us more than busy
enough......

Keep buying LOTS and LOTS of our stuff, and just maybe someday we can
afford to employ someone to run all the admin and business side, while I
get on with designing rules and publishing them.... <grin>

Jon (GZG)

http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \
>  ** Visit the Canadian Online Explorer! => http://www.canoe.ca **
TBFTGOGGI
> The opinions expressed are mine, and not necessarily those of CANOE
Canada.