Prev: Out of Ammo in FMA Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:38:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA

>How about:
>Firefights being the unpredictable things they are, sometimes you
>consume more ammo than expected. Each time you fire, you are rolling
>your quality and FP die, and if you roll double ones, you need to
>change mags after that shot. However, some troops will have time to
>check their ammo status ahead of time. If you've spent an action
>checking your ammo loadout, then that unit will automatically avoid
>the next such 'out of ammo' condition. This can be tracked on paper,
>with a bead, with a chit, or just in your head. This means you could
>constantly be "in ammo" if every time you rolled a botch, you (before
>rolling another) checked your ammo.

Working along the "elimination of record keeping and keeping it simple"
lines, how about saying we use a Necromunda style roll (you roll snake
eyes, you're out of ammo), but Veteran and Elite troops are immune to
this
because they are experienced enough to know better.

That keeps it recordless, chitless, and so on, while eliminating the
situation of a spec ops trooper accidentally running out of ammo.

Adrian Johnson
ajohnson@idirect.com

Prev: Out of Ammo in FMA Next: Re: Out of Ammo in FMA