Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish comments and questions Next: New to the list, FMA Skirmish

Re: maneuver or better weapon arcs?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 18:36:22 +0200
Subject: Re: maneuver or better weapon arcs?

Glen Bailey wrote:

> I played a battle the other night with ships that had thrust-6 and
> 1-arc class-3s.  The enemy got up to speed 18 and I had a hard time
> keeping him in my weapon arcs.  Is this usual?

If the range is short and/or you don't know your opponent's gaming
style reasonably well, yes. It is also IMO harder to keep the enemy in
a single fire arc if you're using Cinematic movement; it is much easier
in Vector.

> Are high speeds common?

High speeds are common on large gaming tables. Speed 18 is
below-average speed for Cinematic games on my table...

> I'm considering to lower the thrust to 5 and adding 1 arc to each
> of the two class-3s (FP+F, F+FS) but hate giving up that extra turn.
> A good idea or stay with my original design?

Depends on your gaming style, but if you find it difficult to keep the
enemy in your sights by all means try it out!

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: FMA Skirmish comments and questions Next: New to the list, FMA Skirmish