Prev: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version question... Next: FT: fighters in cargo

RE:A Question (hmmm that question)

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 12:17:17 +0100 ()
Subject: RE:A Question (hmmm that question)

>  Now, a question that some may wish to answer off list.  I have seen
>  comments about Games Workshop and their games.  I have never seen any
of
>  their products where I live, but it is clear that a LOT of folk
either
>  absolutely adore them, or utterly despise them.  Whats the deal?
Just
>  curious.

Not wanting to turn this into an Anti GW thread but I spent a good 2
years playing nothing but
SpaceMarine (Epic) the thing that got me was certainly the prices which
are based on how many
you are likely to buy for an army. i.e. Champion figure single £5, box
of 5 plastic footmen £5.

I also didn't like the view of "do what you like, make what ever army
you like" and then go and make
every product Army, Chapter, Race specific. With decals, painting
suggestions & equipment for that
particular group.

Getting into something like FT was just like being let out of prison, I
could finally without any
feelings of guilt do and play how I bloody well liked :)

It's a breath of fresh air, and I ain't going back. No way! :)

jeremy claridge
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version question... Next: FT: fighters in cargo