Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions launching

Re: More Fighter questions

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 10:38:44 EDT
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

In a message dated 7/8/99 8:45:24 AM EST, Noam.Izenberg@jhuapl.edu
writes:

<< 2 Quatloos here - Given the nominal game turn is 15 minutes (yes,
it's
 nowhere set in stone, but that's the convention GZG-Jon has mentioned
more
 than once) I find it hard to believe that "cargo" fighters can't be
readied
 in a bay designed for fighters for several hours, unless the "cargo"
version
 of the fighter is actualyl stored deconstructed in boxes. I think it
would
 add an interesting flavor to a scenario to have an additional fighter
group
 drawn out of cargo (assuming mass devoted to it on the carrier) every
2-4
 turns, depending on total bay space, available crew units etc...

A fighter crated for transport as cargo may be in several crates and
require
assembly, engine test and run up, electronics calibration and test
flight -
come on! Using one "out of the box" in a matter of a couple hours - no
way.

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish question Next: Re: More Fighter questions launching