Prev: Re: Optional Main Drive Construction Rules Next: Re: balancing Fighters

Re: balancing Fighters

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 18:39:08 -0400
Subject: Re: balancing Fighters

D Evans said
>However, the advantage to firing at attacking fighters makes sense.
>Course, this tends to be from my limited movie viewing of WWII battles,
>but fighters on the attack tend to be moving straight at the ship, and
>therefore tend not to have problems with target aspect(?).

WW2 fighters were in atmosphere, which limited their
maneuverability--you
could only change your vector by a very limited amount without stalling,
crashing, spinning, or otherwise having a Problem.  They also didn't
have
computers, so the pilot had to split his attention between flying and
hitting the target.  There's no reason a FT fighter couldn't program
random
vector changes into his attack run.

Prev: Re: Optional Main Drive Construction Rules Next: Re: balancing Fighters