Prev: RE: balancing Fighters Next: Re: balancing Fighters

RE: [OT] StarFleet Command!!

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@M...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 08:02:55 -0700
Subject: RE: [OT] StarFleet Command!!

Tried the demo for a couple of days over the long weekend (July 4th here
in
the States).  The graphics were very nice.  You have a choice of views
(chase view, top down, etc...).  Game play versus the computer wasn't
that
good.  I played The Duel several times (Fed Heavy Cruiser vs a Klingon
D6)
and it always seemed to be a "spin-round and round-slug match".  The
computer would move its vessel as close as it could and fire as fast as
its
weapons could recharge/face.

While waiting for weapons to recharge you have to click around the
interface
repairing weapons, launching mines, tractoring, etc...	Not easy to do
when
the fur is flying, but you can slow down the game to help keep up.

It does do multiplayer with DirectPlay, so if you have a better opponent
than the computer you might enjoy it more than I did.

Nathan