Prev: RE: 15mm AFVs Next: RE: A New Anglian Confederation Interstellar News Network Report

RE: Carriers and other updates

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 11:16:19 +1000
Subject: RE: Carriers and other updates

I know for the La Fayette campaign I started playing, it became
important
that I brought a fleet train along to resupply all the SMLs & fighters,
otherwise I would have no munitions left by the time I attacked La
Fayette.
I took 2 fleet auxiliary transports & loaded them down with spare SMLs &
fighters.

The loss of trained pilots was harder though.  With no chance of
resupply
from outside the sector, everything had to be available.  It was worked
out
that every squadron had 2-3 extra pilots to account for combat losses
after
rolling for every fighter lost.  1-3 = KIA, 4-5 = pilot recovered, 6 =
pilot
& fighter recovered.  On a bad day, no-one would come back from a
mission,
whereas occasionally, 50% of the fighters might be recovered in a
repairable
condition.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly [CB]
Captain Nicolette O'Teen - RNMS Golden Spear [CB]
EBD Medusa