Prev: Re: Core Systems Thresholds Next: Re: Using FTFB interceptors

re: [FT] Piquet in Space - now heading for [OT]

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 10:14:24 +1000
Subject: re: [FT] Piquet in Space - now heading for [OT]

G'day guys,

A reply to a few posts here:

Binhan said:
>The rules are heavily based on luck....

There is a good deal of luck in them, but they also force you to have
reserves and plans of action and make the most of opportunities. They do
add a good deal of uncertainity in that you're not guaranteed to have a
"move", "fire", "move", "fire" sequence, but that's half the fun ;)

And Tom said:
>Upon hearing these descriptions of Piquet,
>I'd be tempted to say that better command
>and control in the modern/future environment
>allow a more predictable # of impetus points
>to be generated each turn....

You guys may have a point here as I've never thought about how
(relative)
command and control changes with time. However if you don't like the
'standard' impetus idea there are a few other methods already out there,
the one I prefer was the one I mentioned in my description of "Erratic
Thrust" (where both sides get the amount they roll).

Anyway [in a desperate effort to get this back on track seeings as I'm
on
the GZG not PK mailer ;) ], I'll flesh the idea out in the near future
(hopefully) and put it on that general gzg_l xoom site if anyone's
interested.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Core Systems Thresholds Next: Re: Using FTFB interceptors