Prev: Re: Core Systems Thresholds Next: RE: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)

Re: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)

From: Donald Hosford <hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 20:47:16 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)

Beth Fulton wrote:

> G'day guys,
>
> The Piquet system uses cards to decide when actions occur rather than
> assuming that everything alternates or is simultaneous. Add to this
that
> you roll dice to see how many actions get to occur and Lady Luck
starts to
> loom large (that's the fun part) ;)
> I'd say that "Erratic Thrust" would be pretty much like the way its
handled
> for the aircraft supplement so you'd probably end up with something
like
> (and this is going to be a slightly simplified explanation):

<piquet system snipped>

----

----
> Elizabeth Fulton
> c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
> GPO Box 1538
> HOBART
> TASMANIA 7001
> AUSTRALIA
> Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
> Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199
>
> email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Is Piquet a published system?  If so, where?  How much does it set you
back?
(Not to intice an advertizement.)

Your discription reminds me of some of the chit/card draw systems I have
seen
for some wargames.
I have played "Across five aprils"  -- an American civil war game that
has a
very simplied version.
It includes only two types of chits:
   Unit chit -- Each unit has it's own chit.  It moves when drawn.
   Battle chit -- All units attack now.

A good wargame.

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Core Systems Thresholds Next: RE: [FT] Piquet in Space (was Core Systems)