Prev: RE: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Core Systems Thresholds

[OT]: Wing Commander Re: Sorry guys should have guessed

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:07:43 -0500
Subject: [OT]: Wing Commander Re: Sorry guys should have guessed

***
The movie was half-way decent...  if you were familiar with the setting
and
the plot-line fo the games.  I had a lot of co-workers go to it, and
never
having played the game, thought it sucked, while when I saw it, I
thought it
was pretty good (albiet a tad soap-opera-ish), but when I looked at it
without backup of the knowledge of the game setting, I realised that it
didn't make a very good stand-alone movie.  Oh, and they screwed up the
ship
designs too...	No consistency with the game there, but I suppose that
much
can be over-looked.
***

Wow, my experience was just the opposite. I've never played, and
appreciated
the movie far more than the players that went. 'They didn't look
ANYTHING
LIKE K'ilrathi!!!'

Definitely mindless mind candy; I'd say it was good for getting space
battle
fever for FT without having much for scenario grist.

Also, I've been impressed to see the action figures remaindered already.
I really like the K'ilrathi, but they are maybe 1/2-2/3 current GI Joe
size,
so too small to mix with Joe's unless you run them pussy-cat size, and
GIANT
for SGII-to-WH40K size ranges. Might play well with green soldiers of
the
near 1/35th variety, tho'.

The_Beast

Prev: RE: FT: Star Trek designing Next: Re: Core Systems Thresholds