Prev: Re: Missile counter measures. Next: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks

Re: OT Lehrer

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 06:44:19 -0700
Subject: Re: OT Lehrer

At 11:12 PM -0700 6/27/99, -MWS- wrote:
>At 08:03 AM 6/28/99 +0200, you wrote:
>>Laserlight wrote:
>>
>>> So plagiarize! Let no one else's work evade your eyes! Remember why
>
>>the good Lord made your eyes,
>>
>>insert: "So don't shade your eyes,"
>[snip]
>
>It seems that there are quite a few other Lehrer fans on this ML <g>.
>think that my favorite two have to be the Elements (done to Gilbert &
>Sullivan), and Clementine, probably his best tour de force.  Mozart,
>Be-bop, and Gilbert & Sullivan (again) all in one tune - fantastic!!!

I'm partial to "The Irish Balad" on the strength of a lovely young
thing of my acquaintance's singing ability. "Be Prepared" brings back
memories of my days as an Explorer Scout. And that's just two songs off
of "Tom Lehrer Revisited". And don't forget the patter introducing
every song: "I don't want you to think I have to do
<emphasis>this</emphasis> for a living. Why I could be making, oh,
$3000 a year just teaching <audienceLaughsItselfSick)".

It's all funny and all witty.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: Missile counter measures. Next: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks