Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [SG2]Questions

Re: Varying camo schemes

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 08:08:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Varying camo schemes

>There could be a lot of different justifications for differing paint
>schemes within units, including Hauke's experience above (a force in
the
>process of changing paint schemes, hence some vehicles repainted and
some
>not), and other excuses such as replacement vehicles delivered to the
unit
>to replace losses, which may be in the manufacturer's basic paint (if
new
>equipment) or in a totally different scheme if reassigned from another
unit
>originally fighting in a different environment. For space-mobile units,
>could imagine many cases where they suddenly find themselves fighting
in a
>totally different type of terrain and vegetation from their previous
>campaign, and while some units may have the time for a hasty repaint of
>some or all of their vehicles, others may not. In a "hot" campaign
there
>are plenty of other priorities higher than slapping some new paint on
the
>panzer!  I see NO problem with using a mix of schemes, you can always
come
>up with some sort of justification for it...
>
>Jon (GZG)

To offer up another RL example: when the 1st Infantry Division got
called up for Desert Storm, they hastily painted all their vehicles in a
flat sand color. (It was absolutely amazing how many folks in Junction
City discovered they were qualified painters when the Army began
clamoring for help. :) However, when they redeployed back to Ft. Riley,
there was no rush to repaint... vehicles slowly began reappearing in
woodland as the odd unit was repainted, but until (and probably after)
the 1st was packed off elsewhere, the division had a distinctly mixed
look about it.

Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [SG2]Questions