Prev: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks Next: Re: Varying camo schemes

Re: small vs large ships

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@j...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 07:51:48 -0700
Subject: Re: small vs large ships

Small ships are very effective when used in their primary roles.  It's
true that they normally don't have the staying power of the larger ships
on a point-for-point basis, but are not meant to take on larger ships in
that manner anyway.  When going up against larger enemy ships, they
should ideally be used as escorts for their own larger ships, or as a
force used to flank the enemy while he concentrates on their big boys.
One thing that's fun to do sometimes is to limit the size of the ships
that can participate in a game.  I played a game yesterday in which both
my opponent and I had one heavy cruiser each as a flagship, with a
variety of CLs, DDs, and FFs in support.  I had more fun yesterday than
I have in a long time, due in no small part to the fact that I knew it
was going to be difficult for even one of my DDs to be vaporized on the
first shot as they are when they get in range in a longer battle.

Mark