Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question

Re: Another Camoflage Question

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:38:52 +0100
Subject: Re: Another Camoflage Question

>Hi !!!
>
>In einer eMail vom 27.06.99 00:36:11 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit
schreibt
>johncrim@voicenet.com:
>
>> How much do cammo schemes vary between different vehicles in the same
>>  force?  And by same force, I mean tanks that are deployed
side-by-side, not
>>  just in the same army.  Would in be unheard of to have some tanks in
>>  cammo, and some in just a base coat?
>Well,...during my time in the Bundeswehr (an ancient NSL Armed Forces
>predecessor) from '86 to '88, the Bundeswehr was just switching to the
new
>Drei-Farben-Tarnanstrich (three colour camo) and so the Bundeswehr had
still
>lots of olive-drab painted vehicles together with the camouflaged ones
(2/3
>to 1/3
>in my unit). As the newer vehicles were already painted in the new
scheme,
>the
>"plain" ones were mostly the older ones (M113, LEO 1, etc...) and a lot
of the
>new trucks came in just the new green base colour...
>
>Tschüß !!!
>Hauke

There could be a lot of different justifications for differing paint
schemes within units, including Hauke's experience above (a force in the
process of changing paint schemes, hence some vehicles repainted and
some
not), and other excuses such as replacement vehicles delivered to the
unit
to replace losses, which may be in the manufacturer's basic paint (if
new
equipment) or in a totally different scheme if reassigned from another
unit
originally fighting in a different environment. For space-mobile units,
could imagine many cases where they suddenly find themselves fighting in
totally different type of terrain and vegetation from their previous
campaign, and while some units may have the time for a hasty repaint of
some or all of their vehicles, others may not. In a "hot" campaign there
are plenty of other priorities higher than slapping some new paint on
the
panzer!  I see NO problem with using a mix of schemes, you can always
come
up with some sort of justification for it...

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question