Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question

Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 08:01:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?

At 3:18 PM -0700 6/25/99, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:
>Michael Llaneza wrote:
>>
>> I've done business with Iquisitor via eBay (Star Viking !!!). They're
>> good, but use slow shipping (a week from SoCal to NorCal). Last
>> grenadier is one of the older game stores, they've been around for at
>> least 15 years.
>
>	Phooey.  So you're the one who got Star Viking.

I got the third of three copies, so you'll have to spread your envy
around.

>	I've got an old copy of it.  I think that the tile
>	based movement system is very innovative, and
>	would lend itself admirably to a computer based system.
>	I like how you can go anywhere within an "orbit line",
>	but have to move to the deep space box on the line
>	in order to jump to an adjacent orbit.	It makes a
>	nice choke point where you can station a holding force.

It's got very clean rules all around. The tile-based maps are under
consideration for other campaign games as well. All I need is a good
algorithm to generate them randomly.

>	All in all a very nice game in a small package.
>	A pity that Dwarfstar Games is long gone.

I'll have to see when their copyright's expire.

>	Grav Armor is good as well.  I'm trying to obtain
>	a copy of Star Smuggler.

Grav Armor is an old favorite, although rather bloody. I rmemeber
several games where one side "won" with the last 2 or 3 units on the
map. GA is a classic, even had orbital drop rules.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: Re: Another Camoflage Question Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question