Prev: RE: Ogre in DSII? Next: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?

Re: Another Camoflage Question

From: KueckH@a...
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:11:03 EDT
Subject: Re: Another Camoflage Question

Hi !!!

In einer eMail vom 27.06.99 00:36:11 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit
schreibt
johncrim@voicenet.com:

> How much do cammo schemes vary between different vehicles in the same
>  force?  And by same force, I mean tanks that are deployed
side-by-side, not
>  just in the same army.  Would in be unheard of to have some tanks in
>  cammo, and some in just a base coat?
Well,...during my time in the Bundeswehr (an ancient NSL Armed Forces
predecessor) from '86 to '88, the Bundeswehr was just switching to the
new
Drei-Farben-Tarnanstrich (three colour camo) and so the Bundeswehr had
still
lots of olive-drab painted vehicles together with the camouflaged ones
(2/3
to 1/3
in my unit). As the newer vehicles were already painted in the new
scheme,
the
"plain" ones were mostly the older ones (M113, LEO 1, etc...) and a lot
of the
new trucks came in just the new green base colour...

Tschüß !!!
Hauke

Prev: RE: Ogre in DSII? Next: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?