Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question

Another Camoflage Question

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 18:31:48 -0400
Subject: Another Camoflage Question

How much do cammo schemes vary between different vehicles in the same
force?	And by same force, I mean tanks that are deployed side-by-side,
not
just in the same army.	Would in be unheard of to have some tanks in
cammo,
and some in just a base coat?

I have a large pile of plastic tanks from Frotress Figures, and they
come
in two basic types:
   Small hovertanks, with a large fixed gun on one side of the hull.
   And larger hovertanks, with a pair of turreted guns.

Both types are very well done, but the smaller tanks have a lot more
fine
detail -- detail which I have used an ink wash to bring out, and which
looks very good indeed.

The larger tanks have a lot of large, smooth areas on their hull -- this
makes painting an elaborate cammo scheme very easy.

The problem comes when I apply that cammo scheme to the smaller tanks.
Those details that I am so fond of vanish, obscured by the camoflage.
Realistic though this is, I like the detail.  A lot.

Would it, then, be inappropriate to have the big guys in cammo, and the
smaller ones just in their base coat?  They would look more or less the
same, but it bothers me that the small guys wouldn't quite match.  How
often, if ever, did something like this occur in the so-called "real
world"
that I keep hearing about?
John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Fighters Next: Re: Another Camoflage Question