Prev: GZG con exposure Next: Re: Fighters

Missile counter measures.

From: "Phillip Pournelle" <emisle@e...>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:28:04 -0700
Subject: Missile counter measures.

Hello,
    We've had plenty of discussions regarding stealth and jamming
theories.  Here's my ideas for a counter measure system to use against
missles.
    Missile Decoy:  Mass 2 Cost 8.
    The decoy is launched during the movement phase after movement has
been plotted but before ships are moved and are placed within six inches
of the launching ship.	Salvo missiles are then placed.  Movement occurs
and the decoy will stay at the same relative range and bearing they
started at.  They last for 3 turns or until destroyed.	Missiles
consider the Decoy as if it were a valid ship target.  If they are
closer to the decoy than the ship they attack it.  Once attacked the
decoy is destroyed at the end of the turn.
    If you are using long range detection rules, the Decoy apears to
match all of the characteristics of the launching ship until a level
three scan is achieved.  Ships may use their Fire Control directors to
designate the proper target once they have seperated the bogus targets
from the real ones, but they must be within 24 MUs to do so.  IF you use
the bogey rules, there is the chance that the firing unit may direct his
missiles to attack a decoy...
    Phil Pournelle

Prev: GZG con exposure Next: Re: Fighters