Prev: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain Next: Re: [DSII] Infantry basing question

Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:50:48 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:08:43 -0500 "Mark A. Siefert"
<cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu> wrote:

> I'll say one good thing about my former FT group (we got a
brand-spanking-new one put together, and we'll be playing our first
Fleet Book battle this coming Saturday.), they always had a sense of
humor about miniatures. I remember one 2000-point game where a player
took two WWII battleship models and glued airplane wings to them. The
sad part of it was that these were the only two ships in his fleet. <

What scale were they? I ask as the father of two boys who asked for
(and got) 1/350 scale battleship kits for Christmas/birthday presents
so that they could use them in DS2 games (this is called long-range
fire support! <g>). It's a continuing complaint of at least one of them
that they don't have any _scale_ ortillery batteries....

I have steadfastly refused to let the elder boy use his modified
Musashi as an upgraded Space Cruiser Yamato/Argo in FT -- not if it's
supposed to be in scale with GZG stuff (or at least until I can get my
hands on one of those 1/250th vacform Enterprise-A's -- 4 feet long!!)

Phil, glad that GCSEs and SATs have temporarily interrupted the local
arms race
"If you let a smile be your umbrella... you'll get wet teeth!"
   -- a forgotten comedian, quoted by me: Phil Atcliffe
				(Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain Next: Re: [DSII] Infantry basing question