Prev: Visions (was: Re: Unpainted Figs) Next: Re: mini purists, "new" weapons

Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@m...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:59:10 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

> > Perhaps I'm being a little unclear, to clarify:
> >
> >   Two armour units (i.e.: two units consisting soley of
> > vehicles) - however unlikely - end up facing off in urban
> > terrain.
> >   The armour units cannot fire at each other using
> > direct fire weapons (as it is an urban area) and may not
> > close assault (as only infantry can initiate a close
> > assault).
> >   How can I attack the opposing unit with the troops at my
> > disposal?

Where does it say that you can't use direct fire weapons in a urban
area.  I
looked in the rules but could not find it.  If it does say that
somewhere,
you could use the "vehicle fire at vehicles in a close assault rule"
where
fire is treated as an IAVR.  Personally I think you can fight in urban
areas, just give everything a secondary die for being in "soft-cover" or
"prepared positions", assume only vehicles within 18" or some other
arbitrary range of each other have LOS.

Christopher K Smith
03ME Auburn University
Homepage http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck

Prev: Visions (was: Re: Unpainted Figs) Next: Re: mini purists, "new" weapons