Prev: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain Next: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

From: Gareth Perkins <G.T.Perkins@e...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:52:40 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

> >   AFV's in urban terrain (not clever but sometimes
> > unavoidable), opposition in a similar position. How do we
> > fight? Ranged combat disallowed as it is urban terrain,
> > close combat can only be initiated by infantry... What
> > happens?
>
> I think it's meant to represent the fact that vehicles cannot use
their primary method of attack
> in urban areas. Yeah sure Tanks can blow up a building here and there
but unless the infantry
> run out in front of it you vehicle is usless.
> And you can't justify using your AFV to storm in to a building and
flush out the enemy :)
> It just won't fit.

Perhaps I'm being a little unclear, to clarify:

  Two armour units (i.e.: two units consisting soley of
vehicles) - however unlikely - end up facing off in urban
terrain.
  The armour units cannot fire at each other using
direct fire weapons (as it is an urban area) and may not
close assault (as only infantry can initiate a close
assault).
  How can I attack the opposing unit with the troops at my
disposal?

+    G.T.Perkins@exeter.ac.uk	 +
+ WARNING: when there's no more  +
+ room in hell - the dead shall  +
+	 walk the earth 	 +

Prev: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain Next: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain