Prev: Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons Next: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

From: jeremy claridge <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 16:51:23 +0100 ()
Subject: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain

>   AFV's in urban terrain (not clever but sometimes
> unavoidable), opposition in a similar position. How do we
> fight? Ranged combat disallowed as it is urban terrain,
> close combat can only be initiated by infantry... What
> happens?

I think it's meant to represent the fact that vehicles cannot use their
primary method of attack
in urban areas. Yeah sure Tanks can blow up a building here and there
but unless the infantry
run out in front of it you vehicle is usless.
And you can't justify using your AFV to storm in to a building and flush
out the enemy :)
It just won't fit.

jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: Re: FT: mini purists, "new" weapons Next: Re: [DSII] Urban terrain