Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

From: "Jerry" <jerrym@c...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:21:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

>In a message dated 6/15/99 2:41:01 AM EST, sage@millcomm.com writes:
>
>Lead is after all a poison - so how much is too much. I tend to think
that
>lead is a lot more tolerable than the medics think. If you've been in
the
>hobby for 40 years as I have (almost - this July) and have unpainted
figures
>totaling more than 1 figure per day in the hobby or a weight of figures
and
>vehicles totaling more than 2 X your body mass you are probably a lead
>abuser. My suggestion is get the stuf painted - if its painted no one
can
say
>its not used. Besides it is more fun to play with the lead than sit on
it
>(especially ECW pikemen with piano wire pikes OUCH!

Having been through a lead poisoning episode with my daughter (no it was
NOT
from miniatures).  I can assure you that no amount of handling of lead
miniatures will result in lead poisoning.  An adult can only get led
poisoning from two sources, inhalation and ingestion.	In both cases,
it
has to be either a lead based compound, lead dust or lead vapor (from
boiling lead).	Lead is not absorbed through the skin and can not enter
the
blood stream from a solid piece of lead.  Even if you "chewed" on lead
miniatures an adult would not likely get lead poisoning.

The only danger in having unpainted miniatures is having your opponent
make
fun of you for not having them painted.

Jerry the Slightly Mad...

Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff