Prev: Battlefleet GZG Next: Old Stuff, Old People :)

Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT!

From: "Steve Gill" <Steve@c...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 15:58:15 +0100
Subject: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT!

Rob Paul started this bit with:

>Well, since we're all doing it:
>
>I'm 36, and I've been wargaming "seriously" since I was 12 (i.e. in
1974)-
>Airfix tanks and infantry using Charles Grant's "Battle: Practical
>wargaming" rules, plus Donald Featherstone's books from the library.

Is it just me or did just about everyone start with some version
(usually
heavily hacked) of Charles Grant's 'Battle' rules?

FYI I started gaming in 1972 with the aforementioned rules. Started
RPGing
with the old D&D White box (still around the house somewhere) and spent
most
of the late 70s hacking D&D into an SF game. Then somewhere around 1980
discovered US gaming mags, Traveller and other SF games and the world
changed.

---
Steve Gill
Steve@caws.demon.co.uk

Prev: Battlefleet GZG Next: Old Stuff, Old People :)