Prev: Re: An introduction AND EVEN AN ON TOPIC BIT! Next: RE: RE: [OT] Looking for snow speeders from Battle on Hoth kit

Crusade....BIG TIME SPOILERS BELOW!

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 22:43:04 -0500
Subject: Crusade....BIG TIME SPOILERS BELOW!

Spoilers to the first episode to Crusade:

	Oh!  I don't think that it was bad.  It has a lot of potential.
It
just seemed... well... short, abbrevaited, cut down to fight a 1 hour
slot minus commerical breaks.

	The new characters; Giddeon, Matheson, Chambers, et al. didn't
seem to
have nearly enough character development that they should.   We have no
mention of the Shadows, the war, B5, nor any of the other races
(Minbari, Narn, Centuari, etc.).  All we had was a quick mention of the
infection of Earth, followed by a quicky space battle.

	Where are the Rangers?	Aren't they supposed to be in this?

	I sense TNT's meddeling in this....  I'm sure all remember the
the
dreaded memo where TNT outlined where they wanted this series to go.
(Remove ALL B5 references, more violence, mindless T&A, the "sex
officer.")  This wasn't even supposed to be the true first episode, this
is just something they made JMS whip up to fill in the danes.

	I hope it gets better...

	Anyway. On to the techincal aspects of the Excaliber.  They
seemed to
upgun the Victory class a bit.	They added arrays of pluse cannon
gatteling guns as well as some kind of heavy pluse cannon in the
turrets.  We now know that the Victory can carry maybe 3 or 4 squadrons
of Thunderbolts.  Of wise, the neutron lasers and the BFG are still
present.

	Anyone want to add to this?

--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"'The only prayer that I've ever flet the urge to utter is this:

	Whatever gods may be, preserve us from the self-rightously
useless,
	the militantly helpless, and the dogmatically uncertain.'"

					--L. Neil Smith
					"Pallas"

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=