Prev: Re: An introduction Next: RE: Size of Orbital Bases

RE: Size of Orbital Bases

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 14:20:12 +1000
Subject: RE: Size of Orbital Bases

It really comes down to your defensive doctrine.  1 big station might
remain combat effective for longer, but the cost in time & resources to
replace it is astronomical, but a larger number of small satellites
gives redundancy at a cost of having to replace destroyed stations on a
fairly frequent basis.
Another thing to keep in mind, in campaign games, getting a station of
that size built could take several turns, during which the construction
works are very vulnerable to a sneak attack by your enemies.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly (CB)
Fleet Admiral Alberto Doyle - NKV Vesuvius (LFI)