Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: An introduction

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Tom Anderson wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, -MWS- wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, John Kovalic wrote:
> > > I've been a gamer for about 20 year now (gaaah!). I'm 36, which
bemuses me.
> > > A year ago, someone referred to me as a "veteran of the gaming
industry,"
> > > which scares the hell out of me.
> >
> > Hiya John!	Don't worry, there are quite a few of us in the "over
40" club on
> > this ML.  No need to be scared . . .
>
> there are some of us who are barely embryonic, too. it's sort of a
meeting
> of two worlds out here ...

"barely embryonic"? I qualify, but I don't like the term much...

> http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/gzg/dinosaurs.html

Love the file name. Tho' I suspect our resident dinosaurs won't...

All right, my 'gaming bio':

I'm 20, I've played board games & computer games for years, but few
wargames (Risk...) and no minis.

I've always liked minis, tho, and had a big model railroad setup for a
while. I wanted to get back into building stuff, and I wanted to _do_
more
with it than you can with model railroads...

So I picked up a copy of DS2 about '95. The rest, as they say, is
history... I've now got an armoured regiment for ds2, three seperate
companies of 15mm troops for Stargrunt, and a whole wack of 15mm fantasy
figures. I also make what I've been told is very nice scenery - leftover
skills from model railroads. I like to have little detail scenery bits
on
the battlefield...

Never got seduced by the Dark Si...I mean GW...although MoW tempted me.
Then they canned it, of course. Rotters.

In between gaming, I work for the local public library (great job) and
study for a BA in History. I read like mad, enjoy a good beer, and
handcode HTML for fun...

Next!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction